September 26, 2017
Martial Arts (Heavy, Rapier, Archery, Thrown Weapons):
Archery will be moving to their winter location in Sugarhouse (or has already). Heavy and Rapier will continue to hold practices on the third Tues of the month, at 7:00, inside at the Viridian Center. Additional practices will be held weekly on Friday evenings. Please refer to the Baronial webpage for more information www.lochsalann.org.
Classes are now being planned for Collegium/A&S, which is being held in November. If you would like to teach a class please contact the MOAS through the Baronial webpage, www.lochsalann.org. The Barony has many people with interests and skills that have yet to be shared with others. If you are someone who has thought about a class you would like to teach but have held back – please don’t!! The more we all share the stronger we become in the Dream. Refer to the Kingdom website for details regarding the Arts and Science Competition, http://artemisia.sca.org/new/news.php. The Kingdom MOAS, Baroness Antonia d’Alessandria, O.P, O.L. will be happy to answer questions you may have about the specifics of the competition. The University of Loch Salann is now up and holding classes. See the FB page for further information about when and where those are being offered.
As always, the Questing Quill is looking for submissions. Your contribution doesn’t need to be particularly long. Share your thoughts about the SCA, about an event, about what you have read, anything that will help us enrich our engagement in the Dream.
We are looking for someone to step up to the Chatelaine office. We have published a somewhat daunting description of the position at http://www.lochsalann.org/chatelaine-and-hospitaller-officers-needed. Please don’t be overwhelmed by the length of the description! We want to provide as thorough a one as possible. Obviously, no one person can possibly perform all the tasks that are listed. Our aspiration is to have a Chatelaine who would oversee the many sub-goals of the office. If you would like to help us build that we would welcome your participation, even if it is only for a portion of the whole. So, if you are not ready to be Chatelaine but think it would be cool to help newcomers dress for events, for example, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help you get started.
We are moving forward in filling this position. Until I get the final paperwork, I’m keeping the details under wraps. BUT, we are going to be able to provide great experiences for our youth, in service, in A&S, and in martial arts! We welcome support from anyone, but it will be especially helpful to have as many members with background checks as possible. That will give us the most flexibility in planning activities. We now have six sets of loaner gear for youth combat, so “lay on!”
Updates on ongoing Baronial Business:
- See above section on Chatelaine to understand what we hope to move towards with this position.
- We are trying to plan the Populace Meeting with more advance notice. At this time, an agenda cannot be determined, however we are tentatively planning to have the next one January 17th, a Weds, at 7pm, location to be determined. The more people we have participating the stronger we are and the better we can realize our goals. But, you are always welcome to attend the monthly forum, on the second Wednesday of each month, at 7 pm, at Their Excellencies. If you have a great idea or a time sensitive issue, don’t wait until the Populace Meeting to share. Contact me, email@example.com, if you have questions.
Updates on Events and Demos in the Planning Stages:
- Kingdom A&S/Collegium is now official and details are published in the Sage Advice and on the Kingdom webpage.
- We hope to participate in Zoolights again this year at Hogle Zoo. This will be on December 2nd. We’ll get you more details as plans get firmed up.
- Solstice Court: we have secured a site!! Our event Steward is busy planning all types of activities and would appreciate any ideas, contributions and assistance anyone may want to offer. More details forthcoming when we have the official announcement out in the Sage Advice. The date will be December 9th at St. James Episcopal Church.
As always, the official Baronial web page and the various unofficial FB pages are additional sources of information regarding the activities of the Barony.
Any member of the populace is welcome to attend the monthly Forum, which is held at 7 pm on the second Wednesday of the month, at Their Excellencies, 13575 S 1300 E, Draper. Next Forum will be October 11, 2017.
Yours in Service,
Luveday de Salford – Seneschal